Best Shooting Games For Nintendo Switch in 2023
Hello Neighbor - Nintendo Switch
Metro Redux - Nintendo Switch
- Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro - witness One of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life on Nintendo Switch
- Brave the horrors of the Russian Apocalypse - equip your gasmask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
- Two campaigns, and all DLC included - Metro Redux includes two complete campaigns that combine to create One epic solo adventure, plus a further 10 hours of bonus content
- Two unique play styles: 'spartan' And 'survival' - approach the campaign as a slow burn survival horror, or tackle it with the combat skills of a spartan ranger in these two unique modes
Into the Dead 2 - Nintendo Switch
- 60 story levels spread across 7 chapters-each containing special challenges to complete
- 3 different endings to discover
- 8 Loyal animal companions-from lovable dogs to ferocious tigers, these companions aide you in battle, level up, and come with special abilities
- 25 unique weapons across 8 classes-each with up to 7 different boosts to equip
- The all-new sawblade launcher weapon and Bear companion give you the maiming power to keep you moving
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Nintendo Switch
- Spark the second American Revolution
- Fight for freedom on-the-go
- Experience an unforgettable and action-packed story
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - Nintendo Switch
- This box product does not contain a game cartridge. It contains a unique code with a full game download at 4GB
- Hunt The Legendary Outlaws - Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, Jesse James… Face down the Wild West’s most notorious gunslingers and live the untold stories behind the legends
- Become The Wild West’s Finest - Personalize your skills and master your weapons to unleash lethal combos and become the best gunslinger the Wild West has ever seen
- Relive The Glory of The West - Blaze a trail through the wilderness and stunning landscapes of the Old West and live an epic adventure of a ruthless bounty hunter on a journey made of all-out gun battles
- Enhanced For Nintendo Switch - Feel like a true Gunslinger thanks to Nintendo’s Motion Control and HD Rumble
Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition - Nintendo Switch
- AUTHENTIC SNIPING - Distance, gravity, wind and even your heart rate affect the shot
- MULTIPLAYER & CO-OP - Compete with up to 4 players local and 8 players online or play the Campaign, Over watch and Survival mode in 2 player co-op
- X-RAY KILL CAMERA - Watch bullets rip into organs, bones, and even vehicles, or turn it off to focus on the mission at hand
- ALL DLC INCLUDED - Includes 4 extra Campaign missions, extra weapons and more
- SWITCH EXCLUSIVE CONTROLS - Enhanced Pro Controller support and motion controls
Sniper Elite V2 Remastered - Nintendo Switch
- Photo Mode - Share stunning photos with the community
- Multiplayer & Co-op - Compete in 7 modes, for up to 16 players online, or team up with a friend for 4 thrilling co-op modes
- Remastered Visuals - Feel like you're on the front line with updated graphics bringing this classic to life and PS4 Pro 4K & HDR support
- New Playable Characters - Play with characters from Rebellion's Zombie Army series
Dead by Daylight: Definitive Edition - Nintendo Switch
- Survive together. Or not - survivors can either cooperate with the others or be selfish. Your chance of survival will vary depending on whether you work together as a team or if you go at it alone
- Where Am I? - each level is procedurally generated, so you'll never know what to expect. Random spawn points mean you will never feel Safe as the world and its danger change every time you play
- A Feast for Killers - Dead by Daylight draws from all corners of the horror world. As a killer you can play as anything from a powerful Slasher to terrifying paranormal entities
- Deeper and deeper - each killer and survivor has their own deep progression system and plenty of unlockables that can be customized to fit your own personal strategy
- This game is online-only and requires a valid Nintendo Switch Online account.
Mortal Kombat 11 - Nintendo Switch
- The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control to customize the fighters and make them your own
- The new graphics engine showcasing every skull shattering, eye popping moment, brings you so close to the fight you can feel it
- And featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat's best in class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making
CONTRA Rogue Corps - Nintendo Switch
- CONTRA ROGUE CORPS is an over the top run and gun game with fast paced ultra-violent combat. Offering both single and multiplayer options, CONTRA ROGUE CORPS is an incredible gameplay experience, alone, or with your friends.
- An action platformer with fast paced gameplay and Run & Gun style, with four available characters to select with diverse skills and specialty attacks.
- Play Campaign Multiplayer online with friends, and enjoy unique PVP game modes.
- In-game cut scenes and artwork produced by professional comic book artists and animators
- From the Producer of Contra 3 and Director Contra Hard Corps.
Why the Wii U is the Start of Nintendo's Downfall
Some are excited for the Wii U; most shouldn't be. Here's why.
1. Wii owners have learned from their mistake
The original Wii has outsold both Sony's PlayStation 3 and Microsoft's Xbox 360 by a huge margin due its casual consumer appeal, motion controls, and competitive price compared to the other consoles. But today, most Wii's are sitting on the bottom of the shelf collecting dust, while the other consoles are being used on a daily basis. The Wii's motion controls were only exciting for a few months before owners started to realize game selection was weak, graphics are horrid for current gen consoles, and working online play was nearly non existant for most games (Note: There were a few great exceptions such as Super Smash Bros). Because of this, many Wii owners are likely to avoid the next Nintendo console.
2. The Controller looks far too expensive
The touch screen and wireless streaming capabilities of the Wii U controller are interesting to say the least; but how are consumers supposed to trust their children, Nintendo's largest consumer base, to use it on a daily basis? Controllers for current game consoles cost between $30-$40; It's hard to imagine the Wii U controller will cost anything less than $80 or more to be replaced. Not to mention, paying this premium just to be able to play offline multiplayer in games is just not a realistic expectation for the average household that lives paycheck to paycheck.
3. Nintendo has a serious identity crisis
The Wii was not the gaming console to own if you wanted to play the latest and greatest games available. Beyond Mario, Super Smash Bros, and the typical Nintendo hits there were not many other choices. Nintendo has stated that they want to appeal to a larger crowd, including adult gamers, but given how different the new console seems to be from what many expect from the next Sony and Microsoft consoles, its hard to expect developers to create a completely different game just for the Wii U. It would not be surprising to see Nintendo once again rely on their first party developers to provide its AAA titles.
4. This is 2020, it's time to stop living in the past
The Wii U is expected by some to surpass the graphics of the PS3 and 360, but not by a very wide margin. It's truly embarrassing that most new smartphones and portable tablets are able to output higher quality graphics than the Wii. If the other new consoles are released with graphics far better than the Wii U, we can expect a very similar outcome from the next generation of games.
Please note that I'm not saying the Wii U won't sell well. Nintendo has its ways of appealing to a large crowd and pushing consoles. I just don't believe the Wii U will be the console to buy once all of the next gen consoles are released. Developer support, hardware capabilities, and the affordability of the consoles accessories are just too uncertain to believe that the Wii U will be anything more than a shelf decoration once the next Xbox or PlayStation is released.