10 Best Ps2 Shooting Games
Updated on: June 2023
Best Ps2 Shooting Games in 2023
SOCOM 3 U.S. Navy Seals - PlayStation 2
- Travel to all-new Areas of Operation like Morocco, Poland, and Bangladesh
- 31 authentic weapons and 21 compatible attachments - Nearly 1,000 different weapon combinations for customized combat execution
- Team Command Actions let the player direct the fireteam quickly with a single button
- Complex AI behavior makes use of cover positions, blind firing, and fallback behavior to better simulate urban combat
- Leader AI provides rallying behavior and coordinated chain-of-command scenarios
Resident Evil 4 - PlayStation 2
- Advanced AI makes enemies smarter than ever and use their cunning in deadly attacks
- Use the Action button for better player control
- New 'Aim and Shoot' targeting for zeroing in on enemies with your weapons
- Behind the camera view for intuitive movement
- Conversations and monologues can be heard in real time
Black - PlayStation 2
- BLACK operatives do not hide in shadows or sneak behind walls waiting for the right time to engage their foe - they destroy the wall, enemy and anything else that gets in their way
- An explosive arsenal of weaponry lets you experience the awe-inspiring power of the world's most exotic lethal firepower
- Reduce cities to rubble in a world where virtually nothing is impervious to your bullets -- if you can see it, you can shoot it!
- Visceral, destructive action sucks you deep into the gameplay as you blaze and blast your own path through open-ended enviornments
- Use destructible worlds and explosive objects to take out enemies in cover, frag multiple enemies at once or just wreak massive destruction for its own sake
SWAT: Global Strike Team
- It's 2018, and you're the leader of the Global Strike Team -- charged with bringing in the dangerous criminals who hide across borders. Use your mastery of hand-to-hand combat and the latest technology to take down the scum of the world!
- You'll master multiple disciplines as you go -- from hand-to-hand takedowns and close-quarters combat, to long-range shooting and exposives
- Special voice-recognition lets you command your squad through your voice -- if you tell them to lock and load, they'll do it. Tell criminals to put their hands up, and drop the weapon, and if they don't, BANG!
- Thrilling action with a variety of new weapons and equipment, as you fight the world criminals on Earth!
Star Wars Bounty Hunter - PlayStation 2
- You'll travel to six different worlds, from Coruscant to Tattooine, as you complete 18 incredibly difficult missions that only a seasoned warrior like Jango could take on
- Battle the scum of the spaceways and the deadliest alien creatures as you interact with over 100 different characters -- get information, buy power-ups or just blow them away
- Use twin blasters, poison darts, heat-seeking missiles and other cool Jango Fett weapons
- Fly in the Slave I from world to world, as you try & capture a Krayt Dragon, and break prisoners out of a maximum-security asteroid
- Fight your way through the worst backwaters of the area as the baddest name in bounty hunting!
Vietcong Purple Haze - PlayStation 2
- Fight for honor and freedom in over 18 dramatic single player missions. Start a quick fight to jump into the action.
- Strike from the shadows with more than 30 deadly weapons including an M16, M79 grenade launcher, Mosin-Nagent, Sten MKII, M60 and a machete!
- Stay alert or your next step could trigger booby traps: trip wires, spikes, or pit traps.
- Authentic 1960's sountrack including music from Iggy Pop and the Stooges, Deep Purple, the Standells and more!
- Fight against 8 players online!
Time Crisis 3 with Guncon 2 Light Gun
- Astigos is a tiny Meditarrenean island that is fighting for its independence. You'll control a pair of secret agents as you help Astigos before its too late
- Choose from multiple weapons -- use a handgun, shotgun, machine gun or grenade launcher
- Collect power-ups to help you get through each stage - before the time runs out
- New sniper-ode for slower, more deliberate gaming -- a nice change from the hail-of-bullets action
- Take out the enemy twice as fast with two-player mode
Cabela's Deer Hunt: Season Opener
- 9 different deer species to hunt for the largest selection ever offered in one game
- 90-plus unique rack configurations with the widest variety of sizes and points available today
- authentic weapons and gear for the most realistic, true-to-life hunting experience possible
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
PS2 Games to Watch Out For: Chulip
Weird games often turn out as a surprise. Sometimes something you think you will hate turns out to be something you love. This is not one of those things. This is Chulip.
Chulip is a dating simulator of sorts developed by Punchline and produced by Natsume. Any Harvest Moon fan will instantly recognize that last name, for those of you that don't: Natsume has created the most popular dating/farming simulators ever. The Harvest Moon games are filled with strange, yet lovable characters, romance options, and a farm to cultivate into a success. Chulip, should be the same, right? Wrong.
Chulip takes place in Long Life Town, a strange place that looks darker and grubbier than most towns in Harvest Moon. Long Life Town is inhabited with strange and deformed looking characters that matche the game's strange concept and art style.
So, I know what you're thinking. What could possibly be so strange about this games concept? It's produced by a game company that makes farming simulators. Well, Chulip is not a farming simulator. In fact, I can't really tell what this game is supposed to be simulating. The whole point of this game is to kiss as many people as you can in order to impress your dream girl. You level up, gain health, and earn money by kissing people.
Sure, strangeness can be forgiven if the game is fun right? Well, it's not. Chulip is tedious to play. The controls aren't all that great and you are given no in game help or direction. In order to know where to go, you're going to need to find an online walkthrough or use the game's manual, but even it gets a few puzzles wrong and only gives vague ideas on how to woo the town's residences.
This in itself is another problem. Citizens of Long Life Town can only be kissed at certain times and by doing certain actions. This brief time window occurs whenever you see hearts floating above that citizen's head. However, if they aren't ready or if you hit triangle a little late, they will slap you causing an insane amount of damage.
This is a big problem because save points are rare and healing items are either bought or obtained through dumpster diving, the latter of which can actually hurt you. Obtaining money is also a pain. You get two options: kissing and selling things. Both can be hazardous to your health and most items don't sell for much.
This game offers nothing. So even if you like strange games, this is not one you want. Ignore the cheap prices and strange, but intriguing graphic style. This is not a game you want. Run away from this game and run fast.