10 Best Of The West Shooting Systems
Updated on: June 2023
Best Of The West Shooting Systems in 2023
The Saltwater Edge: Tips and Tactics for Saltwater Fly Fishing
Tactical Scorpion Gear TSG-GG4 AR500 4" x 3/8" Steel Shooting Target Gong Laser Cut
East West U.S.A RT538/RTC538 Tactical Molle Military Assault Rucksacks Backpack, ACU
- MILITARY GRADE: Designed by an Army Ranger and built to exacting specifications; stands up to the most challenging environment - tough enough for any adventure
- RIFLE COMPARTMENT: Large back main compartment with a Velcro closure can carry up to two rifles, or a rifle with a bipod and has a movable pocket inside for attaching accessories; bottom part can be folded and snapped on by a buckle when not in use
- MOLLE SYSTEM: MOLLE system throughout the bag allows additional gear to be easily attached; zipper at the top to reveal carry handle or hide it inside; two D-rings on the shoulder strap provide attachment point for frequently used items.
- MULTIPLE COMPARTMENTS: One main front zippered pocket; one zippered pocket on the top; two side pockets with Velcro closures and two elastic pockets underneath provide ample and easily accessible storage compartments
- RUGGED: Constructed from 600D heavy duty polyester; water-resistant; will last for years. Size: 14 x 24 x 6.5 inches
Norco '80: The True Story of the Most Spectacular Bank Robbery in American History
Foragers, Farmers, and Fossil Fuels: How Human Values Evolve (The University Center for Human Values Series)
Tragedies of CaÃ±on Blanco: A Story of the Texas Panhandle (1919)
Gunsmithing: Guns of the Old West
All the Dreams We've Dreamed: A Story of Hoops and Handguns on Chicago's West Side
Avionics Technician Handbook- Volume One: The Aircraft Technician's Handbook for Avionic System Familiarization and Troubleshooting
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technology: Concepts, Procedures, and Troubleshooting Techniques
The Best Survival Gun
The most practical and useful survival gun is simply a bolt-action .22 long rifle.
A bolt action .22 rifle such as made by Marlin or a score of other manufactures is a very simple tool. Simple things are less likely to break down than complicated ones, that is just a fact. Reliability in an environment without repair parts or even gun oil is the most important consideration.
Beyond the simplicity and ruggedness of a .22 rifle as a survival weapon is the consideration of ammunition. My front jean pocket can hold 500 rounds of .22 long rifle ammo with some room to spare, how many .223 rounds will fit in yours? .22 ammo is cheap and can be stored away into very small spaces. While many will scoff at the diminutive .22 LR for personal defense, I've seen plenty of beef cattle go to their maker with a well placed .22 LR bullet. A well placed shot from a .22 will certainly provide a reasonable self defense weapon. While I wouldn't argue that a .22 is a great self defense weapon, if I can only have one gun to survive, it will make do. Legal or not, scores of deer and other big game are killed each year with a .22. While squirrels and other smaller animals will probably be the target of a survival gun, the .22 is capable of bringing down bigger game when you come across it.
The .22 long rifle also has other great attributes as the best survival gun. The .22 long rifle is relatively quiet. If you are trying to survive in a world gone mad, a loud muzzle blast that can be heard for miles may not be ideal. A .22 long rifle bolt action is also a light weight gun that wouldn't be a burden to carry either in hand or on a sling.
While a man fitted with a folding stock Ruger Mini Thirty may be able to offer a lot more firepower, I'll take my chances with a .22 and pocket full of ammunition any day. For me, a .22 rifle is the best survival gun available.