Best Handgun For Recreational Shooting in 2023
KRATE Tactical AR500 Steel Shooting Targets â€“ 3/8" â€“ 20" Torso (2 Pack) â€“ Made in The USA â€“ Metal Silhouettes and Gongs for Shooting Range and Gun Practice with Rifles, Handguns and Shotguns
The Basics Of Personal Protection: A Practical Handgun Handbook
OLD SCHOOL GUNOLOGY: Tales of Trigger Work From Past Days
ShootingTargets7 IPSC Bullseye Torso 12 x 24 x 3/8 inch AR500 AC Zone with Center Kill Zone Flapper
- TARGET WITHIN A TARGET - Bullseye gongs have a unique center (bullseye) target that moves independently from the main gong and are shipped fully assembled with chains ready to hang and shoot.
- USE WITH - 3/8 inch AR500 targets easily withstand rifle rounds up to 7.62 and are the preferred choice for rifles or magnum pistols. Ensure speed of bullet in below 2850 fps at point of impact to avoid pitting.
- DURABLE - Target will last forever with proper use AR500 steel is a special high carbon steel hardened to withstand repeated shots, bullets simply bounce off or vaporize upon impact.
- VERY FUN TO SHOOT - Bullseye targets are a customer favorite due to the unique challenge presented by the bullseye center targets.
- UNPAINTED - Targets ship unpainted for lowest possible price.
Multi-State CCW: Concealed Carry Handbook
Hold Up Displays Handgun Hanger and Gun Storage for Holding Colt Smith and Wesson SIG Ruger Pistols - Heavy Duty Steel - Made in USA
- ✔UNLIKE THE “TYPICAL” GUN HANGER OF UNKNOWN origin and quality that potentially puts your pistols like Remington, Sig Sauer, Glock and Springfield Armory in “life threatening” danger, the HOLD UP DISPLAYS GUN HANGERS are CERTIFIED 100% MADE IN USA with REAL AMERICAN STEEL and backed by a LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY, all that to provide maximum structural integrity and safety, so no matter if you are shooting your guns or not, they are always in the “right hands”
- ✔GUNS ARE MEANT TO HAVE PROPER STORAGE – While safer when transported inside a case along with your lubricating oil, safety ear muffs, ammo, magazine and other tactical gear, guns are also practically “meant” to be displayed for your enjoyment even when you are not shooting, the HOLD UP DISPLAYS GUN HANGERS will turn your gun into a piece of “Wall Art” while keeping it safe and sound
- ✔YOKE PIVOTS TO ACCOMMODATE VARIOUS BUTTSTOCKS – Great for all handguns and revolvers; Personalized protective padding gently and securely supports the firearm, unlike non padded hangers that can leave scratches on your firearm; Deep cradle design prevents the gun from being improperly placed in the hanger
- ✔OVER 10 YEARS SERVING GUN OWNERS ALL OVER AMERICA – No matter what kind of firearm that you have, you can count on us to keep it safely stored, we have been crafting the best gun hangers and display systems that you can buy for over 10 years; Our products are manufactured in Wisconsin, where we started, and are guaranteed for life
- ✔LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY - The HOLD UP DISPLAYS GUN HANGERS are CERTIFIED 100% MADE IN USA with REAL AMERICAN STEEL and backed by a LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY –and Add yours to cart Now and keep your gun safely stored while supplies last!
Gun Storage Solutions Pack of 2 Back-Under Handgun Hangers
- ORGANIZE YOUR PISTOLS: Back Under Handgun Hangers are versatile gun safe accessories that provide pistol organization on narrow shelving commonly found in a small gun safe. They can also be used for other accessories such as hearing protection.
- MAXIMIZE SPACE IN GUN SAFE: The space inside your gun safe is prime real estate. These pistol hooks slide down the back of your shelf and easily installed with a quick turn. They clear off shelf space and make room for ammo, important documents, etc.
- WORKS FOR MOST SMALL TO LARGE HANDGUNS: Back Under Handgun Hangers fit as small as 22 caliber and has a protective vinyl coating. Fits on shelves 5/8 to 1 inch thick
- CHAMFERED ENDS: Gun Storage Solutions Handgun Hangers have chamfered ends. Chamfering the wire eliminates any sharp corners or shards of metal that would damage the gun. This is an important step in manufacturing that our competition does not do.
- MADE IN THE USA: At Gun Storage Solutions, we believe in supporting our own country's economy. That is why most of our products are produced here in the USA, for either the recreational, sports shooting enthusiast or the self defense guru.
- Organizes handguns off the back, under side of your shelf
- Intended for guns with an overall length of 10-Inch or shorter; fits on shelves 5/8-Inch-1-Inch thick
- Fits handgun barrels as small as a .22 caliber
Gun Digest Great Guns 2017 Calendar
Gun Storage Solutions FanStand - Handgun Display Radial FanStand Kikstand Holds 7 Guns
- PISTOL ORGANIZER ACCESSORY: This lightweight gun organizer is the simple and cost-effective alternative to a gun rack or box. Simply place on a table, cabinet, or shelf inside a gun safe, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes when you know that your pistols are secured. You’ll love these quality stands to display and store your firearms!
- METAL DISPLAY STAND FOR SMALL TO LARGE HANDGUNS: No matter the size of your handgun, this portable rack is meant to fit most pistols. Firearms, such as .22 caliber or 9mm guns can fit on this FanStand. Make this stand a part of your gun accessories to optimize the way you protect your handguns when they are not on your person. Not large enough for rifles.
- GUN SHOP GLASS DISPLAY COUNTER: FanStand Kikstands give a great presentation of your inventory, allow for more guns to be displayed, and are easily accessed by sales associates. When set at an angle, instead of flat on the shelf, more guns are able to fit in the same area. FanStands will insure that every time the gun is taken out of the cabinet it is returned to the same position.
- VINYL-COATED WIRE HOLDERS: This radial stand is made with 7 durable, vinyl-coated wires for greater ease in storage, cleaning, and maintenance. The metal in this holder is bent to accommodate most small firearm weapons as well as some larger, tactical guns. Each stand comes with 7 holders, each one an exact replica of the other for additional convenience at an affordable price.
- MADE IN THE USA: At Gun Storage Solutions, we believe in supporting our own country’s economy. That’s why our products are all manufactured here in the USA. In fact, all of our handgun hangers and gun rods are manufactured and packaged in our native state of Illinois, for either the recreational, sports shooting enthusiast or the self-defense guru.
Home Guide to Muzzle Loaders
The Glock 17 9mm Semi-automatic Pistol
I will call the Glock 17 9mm one of the best guns that is currently available. The price is a bit higher than other guns in its class, but this gun is reliable enough that numerous law enforcement departments depend on this as their main duty gun.
The Glock 17 is a 9mm pistol made in Austria. It has a polymer plastic type lower receiver and a metal top slide with fixed sights. It is a relatively light gun compared to many pistols in the same class. It comes as standard with 17 round magazines but will accept higher and lower capacity magazines. I personally have one 10 round magazine and several 33 round magazines. You can buy official Glock magazines or find generic magazines that are compatible with the Glock 17. Typically the generic magazines are about half the price and I have found they work just as good as the more expensive one.
I have been to the range several times with it since I bought it and have been very happy. If you are not used to shooting I will warn you the first time it had a kick in my opinion, but I barely notice it now. My wife still does not like to shoot it as she feels there is too much kick, but she is comfortable enough to shot it if she needed to. I have used Speer Lawman 115gr FMJ and Champion Federal ammo that is only available at Wal-Mart. I think I have shot over 500 rounds so far and have not had one single jam with the gun. I have actually been told that you would stand a much better chance of getting struck by lightning than a Glock jamming on you. I have heard other people say that they had a Glock and it jammed, so they decided to buy another gun and return the Glock. It appears to be really accurate with either ammo that I have used. There are a wide variety of other ammunition that I am sure you could use as well. Many people use FMJ or full metal jacket for target practice but will use JHP or hallow points for self-defense purposes. I personally have not shot any hollow point ammo yet, but I am sure it will work just as good. Glock pistols are very popular with police departments and the 9mm is one of the most popular calibers that are carried by law enforcement professionals. These will typically run you about $500-$575 new and often come with a hard case and 2 17 round magazines. I bought mine for $399 and it was used. The salesman mentioned that the person before me only had it a very short time and it was not used often. It is also worth noting that the Glock 17 is easy as pie to clean. There are basically four parts. I would recommend checking out a youtube.com video as there are many showing it. The main thing to know is there are only four pieces to it and three of those are in the upper. I had cleaning it down the first time I tried.
There really is not much that can be said negative about the Glock 17. One thing that I do not like is that is does not have regular button safety. There is a safety mechanism that is a little trigger on the trigger that has to be engaged in order to fire. The thing is if you squeeze the trigger it will fire. For new shooters I could see someone going to draw this from a holster and shoot themselves in the foot, but I have not had any problems as I am very careful and respectful of guns and safety procedures. Another thing that I do not like is that the barrel is not extended and it is really expensive to get an extended barrel. There are not many uses for an extended barrel, but in some states you can legally own or produce a silencer or suppressor and you need an extended barrel for that. I believe the Glock 17 and Glock pistols in general are worth the money as a main self defense or target weapon. If you are a first time buyer though there are many high quality semi-automatic pistols for lower prices. Smith amp; Wesson actually makes a couple that can be bought for $300-$350 new or $250 used. I would compare the quality to Glock, but I have heard there are more jams that will occur, but they still are a good choice if the Glock is out of your price range. Also with target shooting 9mm ammunition is about .21 cents per round depending no where you go. If you shoot 22lr ammo this is about .6 cents per round. The answer to this is to buy a Glock conversion kit. There are a couple manufacturers out there but the main one is Advantage Arms. They will run about $260 new. I have not seen any used but you should expect to save at least 20%. I will mention that 22lr jams much more in general than center fire ammo because of the way it's made. This doesn't damage your Glock, but be prepared for the occasional jam or failure to feed. There is also a 22lr pistol from a company called Austrian Sporting Arms or ISSC called the M22 22LR caliber. This is pretty much the side of a Glock with a conversion kit, but you get an extra gun and can save some wear and tear on your main Glock. I will be doing more research on these as I really like to shoot and 22 ammo is much cheaper than 9mm.
Overall I don't think there is much that you could say negative about the Glock 17. The ammo is affordable and readily available. It is also very accurate and easy to carry. It is a bit larger and is not really a concealed carry weapon unless it's under a jacket. I would recommend this for anyone who does not have an issue with the price range. Like many gun dealers though I would often recommend a revolver for your first pistol as there is much less to deal with or that could go wrong with a revolver. A 38 special or 357 that will also shoot 38 is always a great choice.
Most reasonable people would hope that they never have to pull one of these on another human being or shoot another human being, but there is a point when you need to think of your own safety. In the neighborhood that I live in there is no doubt in my mind that in a home invasion that many of the people in my neighborhood would kill me and rape my wife. If you heard of the hate crime committed by blacks against whites in the Knoxville Horror you would know they might rape the guy to. I would much rather take my chances defending my life and my wife's and being judged by 12 people than us both being carried by six. I am not way offering legal advice on when you use deadly force. You want to check with you local authorities on that and obey all gun laws concerning storage and how you carry it if you are able to.
Thank you for reading
God Bless you and God Bless America.
"My freedom is protected by the Constitution of the United States of America, the Armed forces, and me the American Gun owner"
Sources and for further reading.
I used this youtube video to learn to clean mine. There is a wealth of information there. I do a few things different but this does give you a great idea.