Best Beginner Rifle For Target Shooting in 2023
Long Range Shooting Handbook: The Complete Beginner's Guide to Precision Rifle Shooting
Long Range Precision Rifle: The Complete Guide to Hitting Targets at Distance
Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifle Marksmanship
Impact!: Training and Preparing for Precision Rifle Matches
Rifle Marksmanship: A Guide to M16- and M4-Series Weapons
Applied Ballistics For Long Range Shooting 3rd Edition
Splatterburst Targets - 12 x18 inch - Silhouette Reactive Shooting Target - Shots Burst Bright Fluorescent Yellow Upon Impact - Gun - Rifle - Pistol - Airsoft - BB Gun - Air Rifle (25 Pack)
- Click the "Select" box to choose between 10, 25 and 50 packs. Instantly see your SHOTS BURST BRIGHT FLUORESCENT YELLOW upon impact, spend more time shooting and less time checking your target.
- The BRIGHT yellow bullet holes are visible in all light conditions, great for people with reduced vision. The heavy duty non-adhesive tagboard withstands shot after shot.
- Our HIGH VISIBILITY splatter targets make it EASY to see your shots at a distance, no more wasting time walking downrange to SEE YOUR SHOTS.
- The ULTIMATE TARGET for all firearms and calibers, including; Airsoft, BB guns, pellet guns, air rifles and even shotguns. PERFECT for shooting indoors or outdoors, short range or long range.
- So good they're PATENTED - PROUDLY MADE IN USA - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Makes a great gift
Long-Range Precision Rifle, Expanded Edition: The Complete Guide to Hitting Targets at Distance
The Ultimate Shooting Skills Manual: 212 Essential Range and Field Skills (Outdoor Life)
The Handgun Guide for Women: Shoot Straight, Shoot Safe, and Carry with Confidence
Ruger Mini -14 Target Rifle
The Mini-14 has been with us for over thirty years now, Ruger has come out with a target version of this great little carbine.
The twenty-two inch barrel measures .786 inch diameter forward of the gas block, and .669 inch under the hand guard to the rear of the gas block. It has a one-in-nine-inch rifling twist to accurately stabilize long, heavy bullets, but still works well with short, light bullets also. The heavy barrel profile adds stiffness and a greater ability to absorb heat than does the standard barrel profile used on the original Mini and the Ranch Rifle.
The most noticeable feature of the Target Rifle is the harmonic barrel tuner which is truly a nice feature. This device is attached near the muzzle, and by loosening four Allen screws, a shooter can fine tune the barrel vibrations for the best accuracy with a particular load.
The stock of the Target Rifle is a gray/black laminated wood, with a radical thumbhole design that is very comfortable to shoot from a bench or an improvised rested position. The bottom of the fore end is wide and flat, adding to the stability of the weapon from the bench or an improvised field rest.
I purchased mine about 7 months ago at a local South Florida gun show and equiped it with a IOR Valdada 2-12x36 Spartan Rifle Scope, I had to special order the scope mounts from Ruger which was an extra $100 but well worth it. The resulting rifle was to say the least the deadliest thing I have ever shot at up to 600 meters. I chose Winchester FMJ 62 grain and ranged targets from 100 meters to 600 meters, the deviation on a 5 shot pattern wasnt even noticable.
The recoil was also minor because of the added weight. All in all this little 5.56 mm is deadly accurate and will rival an 5.56 mm target rifle available. I wouldnt reccomend this for a sniper rifle it simply doesnt have the distance of .308 or .338 or .50 but if you varmit, or hog hunt this little beauty is a real winner.